Thursday, September 8, 2011

This is not what I had planned for my life...

Only by His will, certainly not my own.  The below photo sits on my desk and it was placed there a while ago by way of reading one of my favorite books.  It's titled, Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach.  It is indeed a keeper.  I've had it since 1996 and still keep it by my bedside, right next to my Bible. 

One of her many interesting "post" talks about finding the little girl you used to trust.  The one you believed in and the one who had dreams in her heart way before others came along and told her that it wouldn't be possible.  Well that little girl had no dreams whatsoever to grow up and become a cop. (lol) 

Actually, she just started dreaming a couple of years ago and wow; her dreams are finally coming to past.  Who knew?  If she thought that she'd reap these kind of results, she would have begun ages ago.  But then again, it (the dreams) would have only flourished according to His will.

The other picture was taken when I was chosen to be Detective Sergeant of the Year in 2010.  Once again, not my doing.


2 comments:

SLC said...

Beautiful pictures.
Your are quite an inspiration big sis.

SLC

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Hey there little brother, I humbly accept the compliment. Only because God is using me. It is nothing I've done in my own flesh.

Surrendering was not in my vocabulary prior to May of 2008!

:-)

Love you and I must say that I've learned quite a few things from you along this blogger's journey that we're sharing.