Sunday, July 19, 2015

Morals

Personal question for reflection: What do we (really) believe and why?

I just wanted to share something that was discussed at my church last night during bible study.  In today’s culture as so many things are changing and becoming more and more acceptable, we are and will be placed in some uncomfortable positions and situations.  We will ultimately be put in a place where we will have to defend our faith and our beliefs. 

The way we live our lives is a direct reflection of what we believe to be true.  When I was not a Christian, which was 7 years ago, I really didn’t know what I believed.  My parents did not raise me and my sisters in church. I held a lot of insecurities and a lot of misconceptions about myself and others. Most of my life I was a people pleaser and went along to get along.  THANK YOU Jesus for the truth.

The world/society has a saying, “the truth will set your free.”  However, the bible, “God breathed” says it this way: John 8:32, 36  “If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free…So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed..”

There is so much to learn from studying God’s word and yet, we will never fully understand HIM.  But, we can choose to develop a relationship with Christ or we can choose to indulge in the world’s views and way of thinking.

We are each responsible for our own actions and whether we realize it or not, we have a sphere of influence that follows us even when we are not in “uniform” and serving the public.  Our friendships, family, neighbors and communities watch how we do “life” and how we react and respond to life’s challenges and circumstances.

If there is no one in your life to hold you accountable, I pray that you ask God to send you wise counsel and that YOU ultimately seek His will and His instruction.  We were not meant to do this life on our own and we were created for fellowship and that comes from the willingness to be vulnerable and the willingness to let others speak “truth” into our lives.

Whether we are being "video taped" or not, God is always watching.
#Hebrews 4:13

No comments: