Sunday, July 6, 2014

Thankful Me

the sun wakes me up
it's another day
the coffee keeps me going
i am on my way

the job is calling my name
i cannot be late
with the to-do's on my mind
i can't remember the date

the boss isn't in yet
oh what a relief
i fix my morning grits
yes such a treat

i turn on my music
to calm my soul
i glance in the mirror
am i getting old

i check the clock
it's time to begin
my door is wide open
you may walk right in

i talk and i listen
and i lend a hand
it just doesn't make sense
what's wrong with this plan

i say to myself
is it the end of the day
i give thanks to the LORD
for all that he gave

ahhhhhhhh
i'm headed home...

2 comments:

A Lady's Life said...

Sounds like a full day butterfly :)

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Hey beautiful friend.

All of my days are full. Lol

Love you!