Thursday, September 24, 2015

Yesterday

Yesterday the Pope was visiting our Nation's Capitol.  It was a #ginormous celebration for Washington, D.C. To say that a lot of planning, preparations and security measures were put in place would be an understatement.

But yes, he is here and almost everyone appears excited and overjoyed by his presence.  Everyone is hoping to get a glimpse of his presence...to hear him speak....to even touch him or his robe perhaps...

For me, it's business as usual. At my desk doing case reviews, signing affidavits and monitoring the radio for priority calls.

I know that he is a man of the cloth and I know many admire his position, power and authority but Jesus is Lord.

I pray that during his visit here in D.C., Philly and New York, that he will use this very important opportunity and public forum to tell others that Jesus is Lord, and the only way to be secure in your eternal salvation is to repent of your sins and to ask Jesus to be the Lord of your life.

The only way to end this violence, death and destruction...the pride, evil and poverty....the abuse, divorce and lack of parenting....the overcrowded prisons, the human trafficking, the abortions and the homelessness.... the only way to find HOPE, PEACE, REDEMPTION, FORGIVENESS, RESTORATION, ACCEPTANCE, WISDOM, LOVE and GRACE is to repent of our sins and to ask Jesus to be the Lord of our lives. 

John 14:6
 
New International Version
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Romans 14:11
 
New International Version
It is written: "'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.'"
 

No comments: