Thursday, May 30, 2019

The More of Me Culture

As I travel through the streets of Washington DC, it saddens me that the transformation has grown exponentially. I'm reminded of Sodom and Gomorrah. Things are growing wider and higher as Christianity appears to be shrinking. The Nation's Capitol is increasing in materialism and Jesus is slowly fading into the background. The pride of the flesh and the lust of the eyes is becoming more and more apparent as we grow nearer to the last days. It seems we're steadily building our kingdom and ignoring His. Is there anyone who agrees with John the Baptist who humbly and beautifully said, "I must decrease and HE must increase!" Jesus posed this profound question in the Gospels, "Will the Son of Man find any faith when He returns?


2 comments:

SLC said...

Good morning sis. I've only just realized how different your perspective is. You're in DC, the nation's capital, where the founding fathers and "In God We Trust" had an element of truth and weren't just words on currency. Sadly it's safe to say what you see in the capital is a reflection of the entire.

Still, I'm glad you see it. Imagine the spiritual state of the Christians that don't.

Take care,
SLC

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

Hi there little/big brother! Great is Thy Faithfulness. I don't come here often and was in the mood to write and stopped by to post something that came to mind last week. THANK YOU for all the LOVE! So grateful that we know the ONE who set us free. Hallelujah, praise the One who set me free. Hallelujah, death has lost its grip on me. MAY He continue to bless you and your loved ones. I see that He has and is proving to be faithful by your face book postings. TO HIM ALONE WE PRAISE. Love you bunches! FSB