Thursday, December 14, 2017

I LOVE LOVE LOVE MONDAYS


This is my new office. NOPE, I'm not back in Law Enforcement. I just stopped by here to PUBLICLY PRAISE GOD!  I was in Law Enforcement for 25 years and I was a supervisor for 17 of those years.  I ended my career in the Criminal Investigations Division.  WOW...just typing that and it all comes rushing back.  It was indeed not my strength that got me through that assignment.  Funny how I used to sit in front of the tv watching cop shows in my youth and later, entered into the profession.  My dream job was to be a journalist.  But we all know that our lives rarely turn out the way we'd like.  But then again, GOD's Plans, when we surrender will come to pass!

I love HIM and I absolutely love His plans!

I love Mondays because I used to despise them.  I had the unfortunate privilege of going to Headquarters every Monday for our 10:00 am Crime Briefing. There we would discuss all the violent crimes that occurred over the weekend!  YES, I hated it but prayed often about it and God gave me the peace to see it to the end.  When YOU PRAY, He hears and answers!  THANK YOU GOD!

I could not have done it without HIM!

Now, in this season of my beautiful blessed life, He has given me my heart's desire.  Originally, I wanted to run errands for senior citizens and didn't know what that would look like.  I met an amazing woman in my career as an officer and she was 87 years young.  We became friends and in her passing, I wanted to do something that would keep her close to heart!

The Lord has led me to Volunteer with Hospice. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays I get to love on seniors and be there in their time of need.  I don't administer any medications or provide physically healing but I do have the sweet privilege of sitting with them, conversing and often running errands with them.  I love being used to fill in for their loved ones or medical aides.

Secondly, I get to Volunteer for a Christian Program and use my spiritual gifts to offer encouragement and hope where there is none.  I get to share my faith, my testimony and my love for HIM!  I don't do it all in one encounter but over time, I am being used by GOD to tell people that HE loves them and HE always has.  NO sin is greater that His GRACE and NOTHING will ever separate us from His LOVE! Psalm 139, Romans 5:20 and Romans 8:35-39

Yes, I get to do this on MONDAYS, Thursdays and Fridays.

I used to be a substitute teacher and now I volunteer for His Kingdom for free.  What a joy it is to serve HIM and not to have to respond to anymore 911 calls.

2 comments:

SLC said...

Hey sis. Im glad you're enjoying your freedom in HIM.
Take care.

SLC

A Free Spirit Butterfly said...

LOVE you and so glad to see that you are as well. It's so cool to be HIS and to trust Him with every detail of our lives!