Saturday, August 9, 2008

My other job

It's Saturday and I worked overtime today. Believe it or not I love it. Not just the extra money, but I'm actually forced to sit still for at least 6 hours and be with my thoughts and my bible.

I didn't get a chance to write yesterday. It's been a really long time since I've actually worked on a real Friday. Usaully, Thursdays are Fridays for me. (That's police talk) Anyway, it started with the usual 24 hour crime reports, conference calls and a meeting at headquarters. I was as prepared as I could be considering I found out about the meeting on Wednesday and I was off on Thursday. As frustrated as I am about my job at times, I know that in my heart, I will always care. I care about my coworkers, I care about being fair and most importantly, I care about the victims.

No comments: