Sunday, January 18, 2009

A moment of prayer

Heavenly father, a week ago you gave me a new assignment and I was upset about it. I actually had a tantrum and called everyone I could to ask, "why me?" You know my reasons were mostly fear and frustration about coming outside of my "comfort zone." After you allowed me to express my feelings, no matter how childish they were at the time; you then calmly explained to me that you have different plans for me. Not that there was anything wrong with my plans, but you asked me to just give it a try. What's the worst that can happen? You asked.

And God, as usual; you were right. This past week has been incredibly smooth sailing. My inner voice keeps saying, "it's only the calm before the storm." And you keep repeating, "you can do it my child, hold on to me and meditate on my word."
Psalm 27:1
The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?

No comments: